We're hiring Content Writers!
Job Title: Content Writer
Contract: Flexible - either freelance or part time (1-3 days per week) depending on preferences
Salary: £12 per hour or £25,000 p.a. pro rata
Holiday allowance: Statutory 28 days including bank holidays (pro rata for part time role)
Location: Remote working with the option of using Panjango’s office base (the Hallam iLab co-working space in Sheffield city centre)
Closing date: 10am Tuesday 1st June
Interviews: Wed 2nd - Fri 4th June
Contact Details: email@example.com or 07880 807 236
Panjango is on an ambitious mission to transform the way that young people learn. We are building a world of experiential learning which connects learning to life and equips young people with the knowledge, skills and experience to find their purpose and fulfil their potential. Our current range of educational games and resources include:
- a virtual learning environment which maps the Maths, English and Science curriculum to work-related challenges and contextualises skill development
- a new Resource Bank with interactive teaching resources and digital games focusing on career exploration, contextualising the curriculum and issues such as climate change, drugs & alcohol or homelessness etc
- board and card games offering exciting ways to explore the world of work in the classroom or family home
We have now been commissioned to create a “virtual Sheffield City Region” - creating engaging content around real employers and landmarks in each area of the region to bring the world of work to life for local students.
The company has ambitious plans for the future including the creation of a fully game-based version of the world of work for young people to explore and apply their knowledge and skills to real-world problems - as well as continuing to expand the Resource Bank into new and exciting areas.
This is a unique opportunity for a creative and enthusiastic educator to work in a pioneering social business helping to create an exciting range of educational games and resources for young people.
You will need to be able to work on your own initiative, generating educational content to the highest possible standards, as well as moderating content ideas produced by others. The immediate focus on the role will be to:
- write new knowledge and skills-based challenges for the “virtual Sheffield City Region” project (note: you would therefore need to be comfortable writing challenges for KS3 which cover one of more of the Maths, English or Science curriculum)
- support with the creation of a new Scheme of Work for the Panjango Resource Bank as well as the creation of new resources and lesson plans within it.
Panjango’s approach involves contextualised learning therefore the role will involve writing creative challenges mimicking those faced by professions in the world of work. For example, young people may be asked to take on the role of a Civil Engineer and use algebra to design a bridge or assume the role of a Town Planner and use their persuasive writing skills to write a proposal to the council for a sustainable energy project.
Panjango’s challenges also require young people to mimic the skills and experience required by professionals. For example, young people could be tasked with role playing the communication skills needed by a Nurse in dealing with an upset patient or they may debate the reasons why a Solicitor may undertake pro-bono work.
The role would be perfect for someone looking to earn extra money around another job - or work flexibly around other commitments. We are open to applications from individuals seeking either a longer term part time role (up to 3 days per week) or just additional hours on a freelance basis (minimum 5 per week).
There is significant scope to grow the role, both in terms of the range of work and the hours worked, depending on performance.
We are looking for candidates to be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Ability to write high quality educational content at Key Stage 3 level for one or more of the following areas: Maths, English, Science or Careers
- Ability to think creatively about how knowledge and skills are applied in real world scenarios
- Experience of working in a school environment, either as a teacher or freelance practitioner
- Ability to create exciting and high impact lesson plans and Schemes of Work to map creative content to specific curriculum outcomes
- A forward thinking attitude towards education and an understanding of, and commitment to, a more holistic education of young people
- A professional and personable manner and experience of establishing strong working relationships with others
- Confidence and proficiency in the use of basic software packages e.g. Word and Powerpoint
- Ability to work independently and to self-manage a workload with minimal supervision
- An understanding of, and commitment to, Panjango's overall aims and values
How to Apply
Please email a CV and short covering letter to Jon Maiden at firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline of 10am Tuesday 1st June.
The covering letter (no more than one side of A4) should indicate how you meet the criteria listed in the person specification and what excites you about the role on offer. Please also indicate whether you would be happy writing KS3 level content for any or all of the following areas: Maths, English, Science or Careers.
Please contact me prior to the application deadline if you have any questions about the role or the application process.
We are happy to make reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for candidates that have an impairment, disability, or learning difference. If you would like to discuss alternative application and interview formats, or any support you need, please get in touch.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Co-Founder of Panjango
07880 807 236
Note: We kindly request no contact from unsolicited recruitment or media agencies.