Panjango Online allows students to explore a gamified world of work and gives their learning context and purpose by directly linking the curriculum to real world challenges.
The platform makes career learning fun and engaging while helping students develop the knowledge, skills and experience needed to thrive in life after school.
The benefits for students include:
✓ demonstrates the importance of education and makes learning more meaningful
✓ develops key skills such as teamworking, communication, problem solving,
creativity and confidence
✓ encourages risk taking and helps young people to discover their strengths and weaknesses
✓ makes careers education more fun and engaging through interactive exploration of the world of work
✓ broadens horizons, raises aspirations and improves engagement with learning
The benefits for teachers include:
✓ a powerful tool to enable any teacher to instantly deliver a high quality careers lesson
✓ gives learning context and purpose and brings the Maths, English and Science curriculum to life
✓ saves time by offering exciting and high impact lesson plan solutions across the curriculum
✓ helps schools meet their statutory requirement to deliver independent
✓ helps evidence Ofsted outcomes including SMSC, achievement of pupils and quality of teaching
Knowledge Challenges bring learning to life by linking the KS2 and KS3 Maths, English and Science curriculum directly to the world of work.
Skills Challenges are fun, interactive games and activities which help young
people develop the skills and competencies needed in the modern workplace.
Experience Challenges are reflective exercises requiring young people to debate and discuss solutions to work-related scenarios or ethical dilemmas.
You can now access a range of free resources to support you in delivering engaging, structured lessons using Panjango Online. These include:
- User Guide + FAQs (all you need to know about how to use the platform)
- Subject Teacher Guides (lesson plans for contextualised Maths, English and Science lessons)
- Careers Leader Guides (lesson plans for skill development or sector exploration lessons)
- Student worksheets (to guide student learning during and after using Panjango)
- Treasure Hunts (guided journeys around a preset list of challenges covering a range of themes)
- Careers Games & Activities (a compendium of ideas for creative careers activities)
You can view all our resources to accompany Panjango Online here.
Catherine Webster - Careers Advisor, MCDI